That same stream of light the next morning with the shed door wide open, funny how it seems to light the way up the lane..
The engine is actually close to being in one piece again.
That's dirt you can see , dropped out of the shrink tube when I cut it open. There were so many joins in this wiring I'm surprised it worked. This is the wiring leading to the rear light.
So, it's time for the CDI Wiring Headache (I had been putting it off!)
Placement of Black CDI box and Regulator.
Old Clutch Cover had been epoxy glued where the threads had been stuffed up
All Coked Up!
The gasket on the top is what they should have been like, look at how much of each side port was being blocked!
Cracked and rewelded crank
Some minor case work, open up those ports! :)
September 27th 2007.
Before.... mark out the case and area to be cleaned out
Higgo goes a dremmeling
Now, lets see if it all goes back together!!
I had taken them out of the glovebox to charge my battery (put in for blinkers) and forgot to put them back in.
So when I finally got home after calling a mate to grab my van the rest was relatively easy. I only broke one cable but decided to replace both gear cables.
Start by opening the headlight
When done, reconnect headlight fittings the way you took them apart, replace lens, rim and reattach retaining screws. This end is done.
This is where it's good to have a hand, someone needs to be holding the handlebar selector at neutral while you tighten the gear wires in the selector box as it's just not a job you can do on your own really. Tighten and adjust as needed. You are almost there. When you start up just make sure all gears engage how they should. If you have put it back the way it came apart all will be well and you'll be scooting again straight away.
First off, I had to build a paintbooth in my shed.
I started my dragging an old chest of drawers to the area I had designated and covered it in a plastic drop sheet. I sat the cupboard squarely under some rafters in the shed which allowed me to make a plastic "tent" out of another drop sheet. The tented area was taped over the covered cupboard to create an enclosed area for painting and drying dust free. I left a flap for access at the front and a flap for flowing air.
The home made spray booth
A small fan heater was set up about 1 metre away from the booth and warm air directed into a cut out area to assist with drying.
All masked up
A chain was suspended from the rafters within the booth to hold work for painting. This meant I could spin the items slowly to get good overall paint coverage.
Lots of sanding and recoats and finally put her back together to see what she looks like.
Finished- April 2006