Gear Cables

As with most cables, they fail when you need them most. I was miles and miles from home when mine went. Spares with me? You bet! I'm a classic Vespa rider-it's a must. Tools with me. No. Der!!!!!
I had taken them out of the glovebox to charge my battery (put in for blinkers) and forgot to put them back in.
So when I finally got home after calling a mate to grab my van the rest was relatively easy. I only broke one cable but decided to replace both gear cables.





Start by opening the headlight










When done, reconnect headlight fittings the way you took them apart, replace lens, rim and reattach retaining screws. This end is done.


This is where it's good to have a hand, someone needs to be holding the handlebar selector at neutral while you tighten the gear wires in the selector box as it's just not a job you can do on your own really. Tighten and adjust as needed. You are almost there. When you start up just make sure all gears engage how they should. If you have put it back the way it came apart all will be well and you'll be scooting again straight away.







No comments:

Post a Comment