Paint Booth



I went with the obvious colour in the end. White. It was easy, looked OK due to all the white trim.



First off, I had to build a paintbooth in my shed.


I started my dragging an old chest of drawers to the area I had designated and covered it in a plastic drop sheet. I sat the cupboard squarely under some rafters in the shed which allowed me to make a plastic "tent" out of another drop sheet. The tented area was taped over the covered cupboard to create an enclosed area for painting and drying dust free. I left a flap for access at the front and a flap for flowing air.



The home made spray booth

A small fan heater was set up about 1 metre away from the booth and warm air directed into a cut out area to assist with drying.



All masked up

A chain was suspended from the rafters within the booth to hold work for painting. This meant I could spin the items slowly to get good overall paint coverage.



Parts Drying

Lots of sanding and recoats and finally put her back together to see what she looks like.





Finished- April 2006




No comments:

Post a Comment