The Rewiring Game














October 4th 2007


I had to make a wiring detour. I was going to ignore it and move on as it's working fine but my mate Higgo said it would be no worries at all to fix so I took a deep breath, snipped the indicator loom and pulled it out . Gulp! I found the wires I needed in the body so we could tap into them later and started with trying to figure out where to put everything.



wiring ready to tap into if needed


The local bike guys couldn't figure out how to get into the headset when installing my little bud indicators so glued the cable to the side of the headset and along the floorboard to the glovebox. Looked quite dodgey but was glued on hard and I was scared of taking off more of the elusive purple paint that I can't seem to have matched anywhere.



Joining new wires and rerouting rear lights through the proper hole instead of through a drilled hole!



So Higgo helped me reroute all the wiring back through the body and I spent a couple of hours rejoining and soldering in the headset to make it all rattle proof and an hour or so adding wires for the CDI unit. I went to the local auto electrician who helped me make a tiny unit for the old speedo as it was missing so now I'll see how fast I'm going at night



Now, what's that white one for again?? Trying to figure out what goes where...



Taping it all up for the dummy run.


So the new indicator wiring is done, CDI wiring done, new bulb for speedo, reroute back light wiring and a quick terminal exchange for everything in the headset. Next step, engine in! Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment