I have to be more patient, I'm a Vespa owner!!









I'm a classic Aries and at a time like this it shows, I'm seriously impatient when I have a project on the go.

I have been scooterless for way too long and the endless list of vespa specific idiosyncracies I keep finding is making my head spin.I want to go for a scoot and I want to go now!! :)

I think it's a test!


There's been so much S#%@ that has had to be dealt with along the way to get where I need to be.... sitting on my scooter with helmet on ready to go for the maiden voyage!


New cables broken, new brakes don't fit the pivot, new D clips are binding up wiring for indicators-need to re-route, wiring for CDI is all over the shop, can't work it out, gear cable carrier is not holding cable end as it should, cables keep disappearing into steering column-have to figure out a way of anchoring them in the headset without hindering their operation? The headlight bulb won't work, rear brake switch needs to be reversed, Horn is A/C I think? and not working, will tap into an A/C wire if I can, junction box seems to be wired differently to most diagrams I have so will have to play around to find what's what. Stripped the clutch breather hole thread and the oil drain hole thread & had to get them helicoiled, the clutch cable was a severe pain to get into position but finally got it after lots of swearing. I couldn't get the front hub nut done up tight enough on my own to get the split pin through so had to call on some muscle for that one. This is just a small list of stuff that went wrong in the final stretch :(




So, back on with rear hub after fitting brakes and new clips, the metal brake backing plate was a bit bent up so needed a light panel beating, sorry for the sideways picture!







wheel back on with new tyres and tubes





new carby and all new seals



Lined up ready to be jacked up for the main 2 bolts, rear suspension bolt and main pivot.

Halfway there

It's IN!!!!!

Will it start???




No comments:

Post a Comment