The rain has stopped & the parts are here-Let's Go!













October 3rd 2007


My last (*crosses fingers*) box of parts arrived this morning in order for me to finish my scooter off, clutch cover, brake shoe clips, D clips, carby retaining bolts and some nice legshield trim as a treat. I bought a clutch cover from a shop in Melbourne and they have sent me a 2nd hand one when I thought I'd bought a new one? Anyhoo wasn't too peeved as it's an original Piaggio one and in way better nic than my old one, gave it a polish on Higgo's buffing wheel this morning.

It's like a mirror,



shame no-one will see it when it's on!!

I have some muscle coming to help with slipping the engine back in, then it's just the gear wires and CDI wiring and we'll almost be there. I'm hoping for the first kick over tonight maybe??

New Seals



New Clutch




Piston on and Crank back in



It's a good idea to wrap your piston to protect it from knocks at this point


By golly, I think we're ready.

Time for tyres


Make sure the inner area of the new tyre is clean from debris etc. Pump the new tube up a bit and ensure it fits snuggly within the tyre.




Ensure the valve stem is inserted s shown, turn over the tyre, add the other rim making sure you don't pinch the tube


Tighten all wheel nuts & do not add more air until this step is complete!!
Make sure the tyre is fitted properly as per the rubber fitting mark around the rim, the tyre should show the same gap or pattern all the way around on both sides. You can see the fitting mark in the picture above, it's a ridge of rubber forming a line, a few millimetres from the rim edge circling the whole tyre.

No comments:

Post a Comment