Almost, but not quite.


Just when you think you can see that dim light in the tunnel, it's a long way in the distance but at least you can see it, something comes along to snuff it out.

Last night I decided to get a head start on the clutch cable renewal. I needed to wait for the D clips to arrive the next day to put it back together but at least I could get a start on the process of getting into the headset. So I managed to remove the cut off roofing nails used to secure the handlebar rods,



and then as I removed the old clutch inner wire the outer tried to follow within in headset. I gave it another wiggle as I leaned over to look at the rear of the cable-no movement! Great! The outer is in 2 pieces and from what I can feel, the piece at the handlebar end isn't that long.
Replacing outers is my pet peeve, especially if there is no existing cable to use as a guide!! Grrr.
There was only one thing to do, the cable had to come out and I'd have to try to wriggle a new one in on its own. Time check, 11.23pm, time for bed. A job for tomorrow.



So I was up at the crack to get this job done and wait for the parts to arrive. The clutch cable just wouldn't bloody go where I wanted it to, I fiddled and poked it all morning. There's so much going on in the wiring and cable space it's all getting a bit bogged. There's a very specific hole for this cable to travel through and all I need to do it get it up the other side of the steering column and I'll be set.

.....Patience Grasshopper....


Doh!

whoo hoo!


Now to make sure it doesn't go down the steering column again...



Finally I get it to where it needs to go!









No comments:

Post a Comment