Find a job you love & you'll never work a day in your life!

A wise woman once said to me,

'Find a job you love doing and you'll never have to work a day in your life'.


How very true!

Enter......SCOOTISIMO :)






About 3 and a half years ago I decided to start a new business venture, one that I would enjoy working in and maybe earn me some moolah along the way. I decided my business vision needed to be simple, to provide other scooter riders with parts at a much cheaper price than they were currently paying. To me, it felt like people were being punished for having an interest in old scooters, in that the parts were as dear as poison, if in fact you could find them! It also occurred to me that this might be keeping people off scooters, classic ones anyway. I knew a couple of people with old scoots in their shed that couldn't do anything to them because of the lack of decent parts or they just couldn't afford them anyway. A very counter productive industry in my opinion.

I had bought an old VBC and was finding it hard to find parts for, well, parts in my budget range. I started ringing around the scooter shops to feel my way a little. I discovered that parts were available and mostly aftermarket stuff as Piaggio stopped making the genuine stuff many many years ago. There are a handful of manufacturers in Italy and Europe, cranking out good quality stuff but I just couldn't afford their parts so went looking elsewhere. I emailed many shops and dealers all over the world, slowly compiling a list of the better known and trusted parts suppliers. I rang the international suppliers and during long winded passionate conversations about old scooters managed to glean a bit more info here and there before discovering one final fact. It started to dawn on me that many roads in the scooter parts world lead to India. I jumped on the net and started some investigations. I bought parts initially from a manufacturer in New Delhi, and even though they suited the budget they turned out to be pretty damn average but we live and learn.

Side Note- it's here that I apologise to some of my earlier customers for some of the inferior products I had in stock..it won't happen again folks- I guarantee that!


The next supplier I went to was a bit more expensive but parts were getting better, and to cut a very long and tedious story short, after 3 years of searching and climbing I made it to the top of the pile.


I now buy my parts from one of the very same companies stocking the shelves of shops like:

Beedspeed in the UK, Seventies Scooters in France, Thai Charoen in Bangkok, Lambretta Teile in Germany, Eddy Bullet & Lambretta Cottage in the UK, just to name a few. I will be offering new stock in about 4 weeks and will be adding an order form to the website so stay tuned and thanks for your support.



No comments:

Post a Comment